- Bachelor of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders, Elmhurst College
- Master of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders, Elmhurst College
- Practicing in Pediatrics since 2015
- Training and fieldwork experience with the following:
- Phonological and articulation disorders
- Oral-Motor Therapy
- Receptive and expressive language disorders
- Pragmatic disorders
- Word finding disorders
- Voice disorders
- Apraxia of speech
- Augmentative-Alternative Communication
I went into the field of speech-language pathology because I am passionate about young children and enjoy their enthusiasm for learning. I have a heart to help others and believe in a family-centered approach to wellness.
I attended Elmhurst College for both undergraduate and graduate school. During my time at Elmhurst College, I had the opportunity to work within the public schools, the Special Education District of Lake County (SEDOL), and in a skilled nursing facility. During my time with SEDOL, I worked in Language and Social Skills Opportunities (LASSO) classrooms and at the John Powers Center, a school for the deaf and hard of hearing.
I came across The Therapy Tree a few months before completing my Master’s degree. The Therapy Tree’s philosophy on empowering families and holistic family-centered services attracted me to their practice. The ability to collaborate with other disciplines has allowed me to see the bigger picture of each child I treat. I am blessed to be a part of The Therapy Tree team and look forward to furthering my skill set in this field for years to come!